Established in 1991, Galana is a privately-owned group of companies specialising in Trading, Shipping, Terminal Storage and Distribution of refined petroleum products in East and Southern Africa, as well as the Indian Ocean Islands.
Originally set-up as a trading company, the Galana Group has grown over the past 20+ years with:
- The acquisition of the Import Storage Terminal and a network of Petrol Stations in Madagascar.
- The expansion of its regional Trading and Shipping activities.
- The development of its Inland Storage and Trading business in Mozambique to supply the hinterland African countries.
The Group’s continued success is attributable to its founders’ local knowledge, an impassioned and dedicated team, and the optimization of an integrated oil supply-chain in niche markets.
Galana’s activities are run from 6 offices, namely Dubai (Main HQ), Mauritius (Downstream HQ), Madagascar, Mozambique, Kenya, and Tanzania.
Integrated trading and downstream supply-chain:
- Midstream / Downstream Oil Trading and Asset Management
- Over 20 years industry experience in Africa and Indian Ocean Islands
- $1.8 billion annual turnover
- A team of over 350 professionals
- More than 1.2 million metric tons shipped annually to Africa & Indian Ocean islands.
- 400,000 m3 of Terminal & Storage facilities
- Includes 100,000 m3 Regional Storage Hub (Tax Free Zone) in Madagascar
- 65 gas station retail network in Madagascar
- LR-1 Oil jetty facility in Madagascar
- Over 20-year relationships with key refiners in the Middle East
- Significant trade finance facilities with international banks, including BNP Paris and Mauritius Commercial Bank